With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Bed Bath & Beyond, 820 Providence Hwy., and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to the Dedham Flower Shoppe at 551 High St. for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to The Blue Bunny, 577 High St., and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Regina's Bakery, 591 High St., and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Dick's Sporting Goods, 180 Providence Hwy., and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to The Paper Store, 320 Legacy Pl., for monogrammed stationary that makes for a simple, yet personal gift.
- Go to Keldara Salon and Spa, 650 Washington St., and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.