"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Today’s weather forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high of 43 degrees. The overnight low will be around 26.
2. The meets this morning at 7:30 a.m. at the Holiday Inn in Dedham.
3. The Council On Aging will host its at 10 a.m. this morning. Services include health assessments, blood pressure screenings, and a medication review, among others. No appointment is required.
4. Members of the School Building Rehabilitation Committee are conducting further research in regard to what should be done about the dirt pile near the Avery School site. The committee hopes to have a
5. The very first Winter Olympics are held on this day in 1924 in the French Alps. The games included ice hockey, figure skating, speed skating, skiing and curling.