Five Things You Need To Know About Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The following meetings will take place at the today: The Board of Selectmen will meet at 6:00 p.m. The meeting agenda can be found
HERE. The Conservation Commission, whose meeting agenda can be found
HERE, will be held at 7:00 p.m.
2. The PTO will meet this morning at 8:45 a.m. in Conference Room 113. All are welcome to attend.
3. will host a variety of activities today:
- The preschool fun program for children will run from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Bring your preschooler to the Community Room to have some fun with toys, instruments, and balls provided by the library. This is a free drop-in program and no registration is required.
- Stop by for weekly tea from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Reading Room. All are invited to enjoy tea and refreshments.
- Robert Skloff, who has over a decade of Wall Street investing experience, will hold a Financial Advising Session at 7:00 p.m. Mr. Skloff will answer any questions you may have about investing and offer advice on how to properly invest while protecting your assets.
4. Sherborn Library will host a few activities today.
- A storytime session for children ages 2-5 will be held at 11:00 a.m. This fun event will feature songs, stories and simple crafts.
- A 4-part series of knitting workshops for adults and older teens (16 years old and up) will begin tonight from 6:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. During the workshop expert knitter, Becky Geer-Linnell will cover needles, yarns and basic stitches with provide lots of time to practice and ask questions. Participants will also make a pair of fingerless gloves. Additional workshops will be held on April 12, 26 and May 3 at the same time. Materials needed for this workshop are size 8 straight needles and one skein of worsted or medium weight yarn. Students can provide their own materials or arrange in advance with the Library to purchase necessary supplies. To register for this workshop, or for more information, call Donna Bryant, Public Services Librarian, at by telephone at 508-653-0770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. It's an action packed day today for the varsity teams: The boys' and girls' track team hosts Medfield at 3:30 p.m.; the boys' baseball team hosts Hopkinton at 3:45 p.m.; the girls' softball team hosts Hopkinton at 3:45 p.m.; the boys' tennis team hosts Hopkinton at 3:45 p.m. while the girls' tennis team travels to Hopkinton for a 3:45 p.m. match; and the girls' and boys' lacrosse team face Hopkinton today. The girls team will play at home while the boys team travels to play at Hopkinton.