Man Says 'Nice Day for a Walk,' Woman Calls Cops
The following are excerpts from the Easton police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Wed., July 2
- 1:08 a.m. A caller reported a man in his 20s with "blue shorts and a white muscle shirt" ripped a mailbox off its post. The caller said the man ran off toward Target. Police caught the suspect, a juvenile, and placed him under arrest.
- 1:40 a.m. An officer checked on a man on Depot Street who appeared to be staggering. He was actually training for an athletic event.
- 1:44 a.m. A property on Lothrop Street was egged.
- 10:06 a.m. A Foundry Street resident reported his mailbox was "destroyed" by a vandal.
- 3:22 p.m. A person was injured in a motorcycle crash on Depot Street.
- 4:43 p.m. A caller reported an "aggressive" solicitor on Bay Road.
- 9:08 p.m. A caller reported fireworks in the area of Black Brook Road.
- 9:37 p.m. A caller reported fireworks on Foundry Street.
- 9:43 p.m. A caller reported fireworks on Gaslight Lane.
- 10:11 p.m. Police responded to a report of a brother and sister fighting on Chandler Way.
Thur., July 3
- 10:17 a.m. Fraud was reported on Lothrop Street.
- 11:12 a.m. A woman contacted police after she said a man in a gray car followed her and said "nice day for a walk."
- 6:20 p.m. A solicitor was reported on Randall Street.
- 10:26 p.m. A motorist reported a ceiling fan was in the road on Belmont Street.
- 10:56 p.m. Fireworks were reported on Concerto Court.