The snow may be over, but now Easton can expect rain, according to WHDH's Jared Reiner.
The rain will be mixed with snow to start, he said in his weather blog.
The next storm on the docket will offer a burst of snow before changing to rain (freezing rain well inland). Most towns will pick up a quick 1" of snow and even some towns near 2" of snow. Looks like only a coating of snow for the city of Boston & south along the immediate south shore (Rt 3 & east). As we step into the afternoon, just light rain for most of us & some leftover freezing rain well inland as temps climb into the low 30s. It's a fast moving storm and will be exiting early this evening. Rainfall totals will finish between .30" by the end of the storm. Not overly concerned about roof collapses, rather clogged storm drains which will lead to some large puddles/partially flooded roadways across the region. Allow extra travel wherever you're going today.
Here is Easton's full weather forecast for the rest of the week from the National Weather Service:
- Today: Snow and freezing rain likely before noon, then rain. Patchy fog after 11am. High near 44. South wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight: A chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. West wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 24. West wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Wednesday Night: A chance of snow, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday: A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday: A chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.