SUMMARY OF POSITION: Operations Manager schedules, directs, and co-ordinates all designated work for 10-12 work teams. Oversees that requirements are met, oversees to insures quality control, insures a high level of service-to-customer relations, meets budget standards, assures maximum use of personnel, equipment and materials, and assists field personnel in carrying out their responsibilities. The Operations Manager oversees to insure efficient Shop and Yard operations as it relates to all crews. Coordinates between operating branches, schedules personnel and equipment, and oversees purchasing, equipment maintenance, and estimating activities for the assigned work and/or territory. Has complete customer outcome responsibility.
• Hires, trains, monitors and disciplines an efficient workforce to accomplish landscape.
• Manages so that contracted work is performed on time and on budget.
• Schedules work teams and maintains’ strict, efficient productions schedules within quality conditions at maximum productive efficiency with minimum unapplied time expenditures.
• Maintain costs within assigned budgets.
• Oversees to insure the proper management and coordination of work for client
• Provides technical information for inquiring customers, and potential customers, and provides such information to the field personnel
• Coaches and mentors crew leaders and support staff
• Oversees to insure the development and training of field personnel.
• Oversees to insure the implementation of Best Practices procedures in all areas of field operations; supports the activities of the General Manager with associations, vendors, architects, builders and developers to keep abreast of new methods in landscape construction and maintenance that might be applicable to the Company; constantly pursues new ideas which could be implemented within the Company to improve efficiencies.
• Assists in the management of the mechanical shop; ensures the proper care and efficient use of all the Company's vehicles and equipment.
• Oversees to ensure the proper care and use of all the Company's vehicles and equipment.
• Oversees the Management of the mechanical shop.
• Ensures effective asset utilization and oversees to insure appropriate asset newness.
• Oversees to maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the field, vehicles, and customer and other work areas.
• Oversees to insure the periodic inspections of work sites to ensure that work is performed to prescribed standards of quality.
• Conducts timely performance reviews of direct reports and takes corrective action when appropriate
• Works closely with the Office Manager to assure that all contracts administration reporting is timely and accurate
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
• Overall Project Profitability
• Customer Retention
• Enhancement Sales
• Pivotal Employee Development
• Pivotal Employee Retention
• Performance to Budget
o Good Communication Skills
o Ability to Lead and Inspire Others
o Ability to Sell
o Good Interpersonal Skills
o Good Organization Skills
Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Maintain and operate the Bakery Department in an efficient manner within Company Policy. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
Requirements The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Bakery Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations including full compliance with all applicable laws pertaining to safety, health, and packaging requirements.
• Must wear approved hat or hair net.
• Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
• Keep all bakery ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with Company Policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
• Control freshness by coding all product and pulling out-of-code merchandise daily.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
• Answer phones and take special orders.
• Reduce out-of-code merchandise daily for quick sale to maintain department’s image for the highest quality and freshness.
• Wrap, package, and price all product accurately and legibly in accordance with established Department Procedures and Guidelines.
• Decorate cakes using the precise measurements and scales as set by Bakery Supervision
• Decorate cakes to customer specifications and prepare them on time for customer pick up as
• Keep manager or other designated personnel aware of low inventory conditions or excessive spoilage problems.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all counter duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 50lbs, and push/pull 200lbs
• Repetitive Action - Process merchandise, prepare and wrap bakery related product, proof dough products, bake breads, cookies and pies, stock and rotate display case, unload deliveries, operate and clean all bakery equipment and tools.
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold, Hot
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, hot equipment surfaces, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Fryer, ovens, bread slicer, kitchen utensils, scales, mixers, shrink film wrapper, roller racks, pricing gun, compactor, water hose, cake machine.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Title:Residential Counselor (14hrs) Category:Direct Care - Residential Programs Hiring Manager:Thomas, Kari-Lyn Type of Assignment:Permanent Position Type:Part Time Location: Sun Residence City/Town:Easton State/Province:Massachusetts Pay Rate From:12 Pay Rate To:12 Pay Rate Unit:Hour Job Information:
-High School Diploma or equivalency
-Direct care experience working with a disabled population required.
-A valid driver's license in state of residence