Around 8:00pm Wednesday night, AlertsNFC reported an electrical surge caused by a fallen tree branch. The hot lines leading to one Fieldstone Road home set fire to the lawn of a home across the street. The fire was put out by a fire extinguisher. Power outages were reported on Field Stone Rd and surrounding streets due to the branch hitting a primary line. The Foxborough Fire Department spent Wednesday evening investigating numerous reports of an odor of smoke in the area and in the basement of two homes. National Grid worked to restore power.
Foxborough resident Srinivasan Sankar, who was at the scene, said that "there were over a dozen firefighters in and around the area that said they'll be on the scene for a while even after power is restored to make sure it's safe."
Residents reported power being restored shortly after 10:00pm.
*Work week updates: For real time traffic updates, . National Weather Service is predicting showers, mainly after 11am. Areas of fog. High near 62. East wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
1. Sign Up for Foxborough
2. The Foxborough Board of Selectmen held a public question and answer session at Foxborough High School Tuesday to voice their extreme disappointment in National Grid’s lack of response to the power outage in town during the "Halloween" storm. to read a recap and to take our poll.
3. School Committee roundup: Teaching and learning Foxborough Public Schools Are Improvements
3. Want to make your voice heard on power restoration efforts?
4. Town meetings: Boyden Library Trustees - 6:00 PM - Bluemer Room, Boyden Library, Permanent Municipal & School Building Committee and Library Trustees, 7:00 PM - Fuller Room, Boyden Library.
5. Veterans Day in Foxborough:
* - get your tickets today.
*Help to answer this week's