Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Genzyme is holding an open house this morning for its new Life Sciences Center at 68 New York Ave. The MetroWest Chamber of Commerce members were invited to hear Genzyme President & CEO David Meeker, M.D. Governor Deval Patrick is expected to attend the event, which will include tours of the new center.
2. Family Yoga at 3:30 p.m. and Veterans Yoga at 6 p.m. at Open Spirit on the grounds of Edwards Church.
3. Register your daughter to be a Girl Scout in Framingham tonight at 7 at the Costin Room in the main Framingham Library. For more information, about
4. The Town of Framingham is holding a Flu Clinic for those age 3 and older at the Memorial Building from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and 4 to 4:45 p.m. Both flu shots and flu mist are available. The adult whooping cough vaccine is also available. There is no charge for these vaccinations. Please bring your health insurance card.
5. McCarthy Elementary School held its annual Pumpkin Fair on Saturday. Please upload your photos from the event to this column.