Today is Monday, Dec. 31. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: The sky will be mostly cloudy on Monday, with no precipitation forecasted, and high temperatures into the mid-30s. The wind will also continue to blow.
2. New Year’s Eve: The Kid’s Countdown event at Wenham Museum on New Year’s Eve is already sold out. But there’s plenty of other things going on, including Beverly’s New Year and the oldest and biggest First Night celebration in the county – First Night Boston.
3. Chinese Food: For some people, eating Chinese food in a tradition on New Year’s Eve. At some restaurants, the orders stack up so get your order in early. Here in the two towns, we have the Jumbo House, but we have assembled a list of some of the other Chinese food restaurants in the nearby neighboring communities too.
4. Early Closings: Hamilton-Wenham Library closes at 5 p.m. on Monday for New Year’s Eve. Many businesses typically close early on New Year’s Eve, so your best bet is to head out to do shopping on Monday morning or early afternoon or call ahead.
5. Free Coffee: If you’re planning a trip on any of the major interstate highways in Massachusetts on Monday night, be aware that you can grab a free cup of coffee along the way. The offer runs from 10 p.m. on Monday through and 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1. The free coffee is sponsored by McDonalds, Burger King and Gulf.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.