Today is Wednesday, Dec. 5. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Dropping: The temperature will actually drop throughout the day on Wednesday, starting in the 50s and ending up in the 40s by evening. The day will also start out with a chance of showers and include gusty winds.
2. Shop and Sip: Holiday music, a cash bar and shopping are all part of the Wenham Village Improvement Society's 4th annual Shop and Sip event at Wenham Tea House. It runs from 6:30-9 p.m. on Wednesday.
3. Middle School Concert: The Fine Arts Department at Miles River Middle School puts on its annual Winter Concert on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. in the Ferrini Dramatics Center at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School featuring both the band and chorus. It is free and open to the public.
4. International Affairs Breakfast: The North Shore Chamber of Commerce hosts Patrick Binns, Consul General of Canada to New England, at a breakfast just up the road at Ipswich Country Club on Wednesday morning. It starts at 7:15 a.m. and costs $35 for Chamber members and $55 for non-members.
5. Holiday Open House: Wenham Town Hall is hosting an open house on Wednesday evening to celebrate the holiday season. It runs from 4-6 p.m. in the Selectmen’s chambers on the first floor. And afterward, town leaders get back to work as the Finance Advisory Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. to take a look at the 2014 budgets for several town departments.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.