Today is Thursday, Sept. 27. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Biker Poetry: K. Peddlar Bridges is a “Biker Poet” who will be featured in a program at Hamilton-Wenham Library on Thursday evening. The program runs from 7-8 p.m. and is billed as being about “stories, poems and memories from the days when Hot Rods, Custom Cars and Stock Cars were the rulers of the road and our dreams were wrapped in sheet metal and chrome and our music was Rock n' Roll and duel exhaust."
2. Debate: The race for the Sixth Congressional District seat has really become one of the feistiest and most interesting races on the fall ballot. And both candidates will meet for the first of four scheduled debates on Thursday night. U.S. Rep. John Tierney, D-Salem, will debate Republican challenger at North Shore Community College in Lynn starting at 3 p.m. The debate will also include Libertarian Party candidate Daniel Fishman. The debate is by Mass Inc. and CommonWealth Magazine.
3. Gov. Patrick: Join us here on Hamilton-Wenham Patch at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday for a live chat with Gov. Deval Patrick. Bring your questions or just come and watch the governor interact with other users.
4. History: Local Historian Jack Hauck presents a program titled “A Walk Down Main Street" at the Wenham Senior Center on Thursday morning, followed by lunch. The lecture and slides start at 11 a.m.
5. Gloria: Thursday is the anniversary of Hurricane Gloria, which hit New England on this date in 1985.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.