Today is Wednesday, June 6. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Rail Trail: The ribbon was officially cut Saturday for the . It connects Topsfield to Danvers and passes through the Great Wenham Swamp. Part of the festivities, which were moved to the because of the rain, included a performance by , shown in the attached photo.
2. 50%: on Wednesday is moving a step closer to its final closing day when all of the inventory will be marked at 50 percent off through June 16 (the final day). Last month, . Purdy said on Tuesday there’s still a selection of books, books on compact disc, cards and summer reading titles.
3. Climbing Wall: All summer long, the climbing wall at at will be open to the public for “open gym.” That starts on Wednesday night from 6-9 p.m. The summer open hours will run Wednesdays through Aug. 15.
4. Winner: We owe a belated congratulations to , who won the back on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Rich, who is an assistant coach for the and has won several other road races in the area in recent years , won by an amazing 4:35. The race, , serves as the largest annual fundraiser for The Friends of the Arts organization.
5. Hamilton Zoning Board: The Hamilton Zoning Board of Appeals meets on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at to hold public hearings for four applications, including an application from to .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.