Today is Wednesday, Sept. 12. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Summer Is Coming Back: Forecasters say that a summer feeling will return on Wednesday, with sunny skies and temperatures getting into the lower 80s. In short, the day is expected to be “gorgeous.”
2. Legos: public Lego art display called opens on Wednesday. More than 60 pieces of Lego art by amateur and semi-professional artists will be on display through Oct. 21.
3. Trails and Sails: The Trails and Sails event – which will span all of Essex County with hundreds of free events later this month – officially kicks off on Wednesday. The event happens at TD Bank on Cabot Street in Beverly. Wednesday evening’s event kicks off at 5 p.m. with an interpretive walk through Beverly’s history that ends with cocktails and “treats.” The complete Trails and Sails program happens on Sept. 21-23 and Sept. 28-30.
4. School Directory: The school year has started and school directories are about to be printed for all three elementary schools. But only families who have submitted their forms will be included. If you have not yet submitted an online form and wish for your child's name, class and contact information to be included, you should go to the online form. If you have questions, contact Kendra Burke at email@example.com.
5. Ice Cream: A fall tradition at each of the three elementary schools in the are . The social at happens on Wednesday afternoon.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.