Today is Friday, Sept. 7. Here are five things you need to know:
1. 80s: Temperatures should get into the 80s and the sun will be out for most of the day on Friday. It will also be muggy and there will be a chance of a passing shower too.
2. Trash: Our final reminder of the week that trash pickups is delayed by a day all week after the Labor Day holiday last Monday. Residents in Hamilton that typically have pickup on Thursday morning should have their trash out this morning and those with typical Friday pickup should have trash out on Saturday morning. Only trash in a town bag will be picked up.
3. Vietnam: Historian Joe Carlin will recount – in pictures – at on Friday morning. He will talk about daily life in Vietnam and “how these proud people are rebuilding their nation after more than a century of war and occupation.” It is free and open to all and runs 10:15-noon.
4. Hank Phillippi Ryan: Boston television investigative reporter Hank Phillippi Ryan has an appearance scheduled for Friday night right down Route 1A where she will be signing copies of her new book “The Other Woman.” She will be at The Paper Store in the North Beverly Plaza from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The book is mystery fiction is described as “’The Good Wife’ meets ‘Law and Order.’”
5. Up with People: After , the first of is Friday night at . The show “Voices” will be performed Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. Tickets are available online for $20 for adults and $15 for students, seniors, children and high school staff. Ticket prices are $5 higher at the door.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.