1. Forecast: Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Not as cool with highs in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
2. Community Meeting About 161 S. Huntington Ave.: The JP Neighborhood Council hosts a meeting Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Henningan Community Center about a planned 196-unit apartment complex for 161 S. Huntington Ave. The elected neighborhood advisory group has recommended the city reject zoning waivers the projects needs.
3. Community Meeting About Blessed Sacrament: Speaking of community meetings, another one on tap for this week is Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Nate Smith House about plans to turn the former Blessed Sacrament Church into condos. Discussion includes redevelopment of a school on the campus too.
4. JP Business & Professional Assoc.: One of the neighborhood's best business networking groups holds its rotating monthly meeting for October at Canary Square on Wednesday at 12:15 p.m. All JP business people are welcome.
5. Latino Heritage Month Celebration: City Councilor At Large Felix Arroyo (who lives in JP) will be hosting a Latino Heritage Month Celebration at Boston City Hall Monday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Several JP small businesses will be honored.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch: