1. Lexington Reads Opening Act: As the big, opening act for Lexington Reads, Dr. Wendy Suzuki, a faculty member and researcher at the Center for Neural Science at New York University will discuss "" at 7 p.m. tonight at . In this free program, Suzuki will describe her research, with special emphasis on understanding the role of aerobic exercise in improving learning, memory and creativity.
2. : Author, lecturer and education critic Alfie Kohn will spend an evening with Lexington Community Education tonight in a presentation titled "Pushed Too Hard: Parenting in an Achievement-Crazy Culture." The program will be held at 7 p.m. at . Admission is $10.
3. State Senate Candidates at the South Lexington Civic Associaiton: The SLCA will hold its annual meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight at the Brookhaven Auditorium at 1010 Waltham St., Lexington. Following a social (half) hour and a short business meeting, attendees will have a chance to hear from candidates who have declared their intentions to run for state senate representing the 3rd Middlesex District. The candidates who have indicated they plan to attend include Sandi Martinez and Greg Howes for the Republican nomination and Democrats Joe Mullin, Mara Dolan, Mike Barrett and Alexander Buck.
4. Today in Public Meetings: Public meetings
posted for today on the town website include: The ad hoc School Transportation and Safety Committee at 9 a.m. at the ; the at 3 p.m. at the Town Office Building; the
Commission on Disability at 5:45 p.m. at the ; the
Historic District Commission at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building; the
Town Celebraitons Committee at 7 p.m. at the Cary Memorial Building; the
Lexington Special Education Parent Advisory Council at 7:30 p.m. at and
MAGIC at 7 p.m. at Maynard Town Hall.
5. Oh Snow: More snow and patchy fog are predicted for today, with a high temp of 34 and possible snow accumulation of one to two inches, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more snow in the evening and overnight lows of 23.