Lightning Sparks Blaze, Electrocutes Worker in Lexington
Lightning strikes caused chaos in Lexington Wednesday.
One of the people inside the home at 20 Tufts Rd. said the strike sounded like "an explosion" in the attic, WHDH/7News reported.
"When I opened the door there was fire on the stairs," Alan Jin told WHDH. "We just all went outside."
The fire caused $150,000 worth of damage to the home, according to MyFoxBoston.com.
At about the same time Wednesday, a Lexington Golf Club worker was electrocuted when a lightning strike caused a surge while he was working on an electrical panel, according to Fox.
The worker was treated and released from a local hospital.