Today is Monday, Feb. 20, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another mild winter day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 38. Tonight should be clear, with a low around 24. (sunrise, 6:33 a.m.; high tide, 9:51 a.m.; low tide, 4:05 p.m; sunset, 5:21 p.m.)
2. Today is Presidents Day and you'll probably find yourself wondering what's open and what's closed. So, here's a list of what you can expect to be open and closed in Marblehead today.
3. Don't forget, Presidents Day is going to push the local trash and recycling schedule back by one day this week.
4. Marblehead High School's girls' varsity basketball team will take on Everett this afternoon at Everett High School. The game is scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 20, 1962, John Glenn became the first American to orbit the earth, making three orbits in 4 hours and 55 minutes.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.