Today is Monday, Jan. 23, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Don't forget to bring an umbrella with you before you leave the house today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect rain, mainly after 5 p.m. Tonight should be rainy, with a low around 42. (sunrise, 7:06 a.m.; high tide, 10:52 a.m.; sunset, 4:44 p.m.; low tide, 5:09 p.m.)
2. It's official, The New England Patriots will play the New York Giants in Superbowl XLVI. The Pats defeated the Baltimore Ravens at Gillette Stadium 23-20 Sunday afternoon. The Superbowl will be played in two weeks, so start planning your party now!
3. Marblehead's will gather in the lower-level meeting room of tonight. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about the committee's immediate needs, according to the posted agenda.
4. There will be a at this evening. The event, which is free and open to the public, is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 23, 1855, the first bridge over the Mississippi River opened in what is now Minneapolis, Minnesota - a crossing made today by the Father Louis Hennepin Bridge.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.