Today is Friday, July 20, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 72. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 58. (sunrise, 5:24 a.m.; low tide, 6:40 a.m.; high tide, 12:57 p.m.; low tide, 6:51 p.m.; sunset, 8:24 p.m.)
2. Columbia Pictures film crews will return to downtown Marblehead today to shoot additional scenes for the Adam Sandler movie Grown Ups 2. So, if you find yourself driving through the , be prepared for some traffic tie-ups while cameras are rolling.
3. Worried that you won't have anything to do this weekend? Check out this week's installment of , which details some great events going on in Marblehead over the next few days.
4. Looking for something fun to do with the kids today? It's at . The event, which is free and open to the public, is scheduled to run from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
5. Today in History: On July 20, 1932, police fired tear gas at World War I veterns, part of the Bonus Expeditionary Force, for trying to march to the White House in Washington, D.C.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.