Today is Thursday, Oct. 11, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another brisk autumn day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 59. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 47. (sunrise, 6:07 a.m.; high tide, 8:12 a.m.; low tide, 2:15 p.m.; sunset, 6:07 p.m.)
2. In response to a request from recently-opened Casa Corona for permission to allow patrons the option of bringing along their own alcohol beverages, the Board of Selectmen reviewed the town's BYOB bylaw at their meeting at Abbot Hall Wednesday night. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Conservation Commission will hold a public hearing tonight in the lower-level conference room of the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road. The hearing, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding float storage at Riverehead and Devereux beaches.
4. There will be a Blood Drive at the Gerry No. 5 VFA on Beacon Street today from 1 to 7 p.m. As if you needed a good reason to participate - all donors will be given steak tips and french fries for pitching in. Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 11, 1975, Saturday Night Live debuted with George Carlin as the host and Andy Kaufman, Janis Ian and Billy Preston as guests.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.