Today is Monday, Oct. 8, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful Columbus Day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 47. (sunrise, 6:49 a.m.; low tide, 11:28 a.m.; high tide, 5:45 p.m.; sunset, 6:12 p.m.)
2. Believe it or not, six different restaurants have either opened or reopened in Marblehead over the last six months - and now we want to know what you think. Have you tried one? Have you tried all six? Let us know by Clicking Here and sharing your opinion.
3. Think you know everything there is to know about the Columbus Day holiday? Click Here to take our Marblehead Patch Columbus Day Quiz and prove once and for all whether you're a Columbus Day scholar.
4. Marblehead High School's boys' varsity soccer team will travel to Lynn this morning to take on Lynn English at Manning Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Oct. 8, 2001, President George W. Bush announced the establishment of the Office of Homeland Security.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.