Tuesday, Jan. 29
- At 11:21 a.m., a Laurel Street resident came to the station to report a possible case of identity theft.
- At 12:40 p.m., an Amherst Road caller thinks his house is on fire. He unplugged his pellet stove and it still smoked. Firefighters responded. No fire. The pellet stove malfunctioned.
- At 1:27 p.m., a caller reported that he was driving on Ocean Street, over an S-curve, when a gray sedan operated by a person on a cell phone came at him. In his lane. The man honked his horn and the operator of the sedan got in the proper lane.
- At 2:15 p.m., a caller reported finding a gold earring at State Street and Front Street. The caller will bring the jewelry to the police station.
- At 2:35 p.m., police received a report of graffiti in the D-wing boys bathroom at a school on Humphrey Street.
- At 4:37 p.m., a Pleasant Street person reported receiving calls from someone at a company who says he has won money and they will be coming to his house. Police asked the man to report it to them if the company shows up.
Wednesday, Jan. 30:
- At 1:01 a.m., police gave a driver a citation for speeding on Humphrey Street.