The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Monday, Dec. 3:
- At 7:47 a.m., police responded to a report of a low-hanging wire on Maple Street.
- At 8:05 a.m., police assisted with a dispute between a landlord and a tenant on Mason Street.
- At 8:20 a.m., a Salem man was located at the intersection of Roundhouse Road and Anderson Street. William P. MacNeil, 28, of 6 Monroe St., Salem, was arrested for having two outstanding warrants.
- At 8:31 a.m., a man on Edgewood Road called police to report that a tree branch was about to fall into the street.
- At 9:08 a.m., a resident entered the police station to complain about a Mercedes that dropped glass bottles into the roadway at the intersection of Pleasant and Smith streets.
- At 9:57 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Pleasant Street.
- At 10:10 a.m., a resident entered the police station to turn over a license plate discovered near her house.
- At 10:15 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle near the intersection of Harbor Avenue and Andrews Lane. Derrick W. Goodwin, 25, of 26 Mechanic St., Marblehead, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 11:53 a.m., police received a call on Pleasant Street regarding two recent "break-ins at machines" on Pleasant Street.
- At 12:07 p.m., a Maverick Street resident called police to complain about a disabled motor vehicle in his neighbor's yard.
- At 12:14 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Girdler Road.
- At 12:56 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that a shed in her backyard was vandalized overnight. Officers determined that the vandalism, which was done in chalk, appeared to be left over from previous owners.
- At 1:10 p.m., a woman called police to report that a stranger approached her while she was waiting for a bus with her fiancee and told her that "she didn't belong in the area." Police were reportedly unable to locate anyone matching the description given.
- At 1:49 p.m., a Humphrey Street resident called police to report that his light-up reindeer were stolen from his front lawn.
- At 2:23 p.m., an Orne Street resident entered the police station to turn over five shotgun shells.
- At 2:47 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call on Churchill Road.
- At 2:51 p.m., a Harbor Avenue resident called police to report that his 11-year-old son lost his Red Sox wallet with $70, a blue iPod and a gift card.
- At 3:05 p.m., a Beacon Street resident called police to report that someone stole decorative garland from his fence overnight.
- At 4:36 p.m., a Commercial Street resident called police to report that her upstairs neighbor was throwing furniture down from the second floor. Responding officers learned that the neighbor was just getting rid of some old furniture.
- At 5:23 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that there was tire of the middle of the road near the intersection of Cross and Pleasant streets.
- At 8:07 p.m., an employee at Maddie's Sail Loft called police to report a sick female in the bathroom.
- At 9:09 p.m., police responded to a 911 hang-up from the elevator at Marblehead High School.
- At 9:11 p.m., a man entered the police station to have an officer speak to his son about shoplifting.
- At 10:10 p.m., a Pond Street resident called police to report that some of their medications had been stolen.
Tuesday, Dec. 4:
- At 12:21 a.m., police were alerted to more stolen medication on Pond Street.
- At 12:31 a.m., police assisted a Farrell Court woman who had fallen.
- At 5:58 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Humphrey Street.
- At 6:03 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Widger Road.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.