1. Mayor Arthur Vigeant announced Tuesday that the final agreement between Marlborough and Richard Langlois — the School District's Superintendent pick — is being looked over by a Worcester lawyer. Once the agreement between both parties is finished being reviewed, it will be brought before the entire School Committee for approval, he said.
2. The Blizzard of 2013 has knocked public skating at Ward Park off the options yet again. We will let you know when skating returns to Marlborough's downtown park.
3. The City Council voted this week to accept 16 acres of land off of Sudbury Street. The interesting thing about this land? It was deeded to the city in 1965 and has been under the city's care since, but no formal vote had ever been taken by the council. The vote Monday night tied everything up neatly with an official bow.
The land was deeded to the city by George A. Parsons and Margaret W. Parsons.
4. We want your Valentine's Day photos and are giving out a prize for the best one we receive. From the kissy cute to the woefully single, we want to see your interpretation of Valentine's Day right here.
5. Speaking of Valentine's Day; we wish you a happy one. Whether you are single or taken, loved or loving we hope you have a wonderful day and are happy you made Marlborough Patch a part of it.