1. Beadnicks is holding their annual storewide sale this weekend. All items are 40-60% off. Store opens at 10 am.
2. ’s will be cooking venison stew, playing games and doing crafts in and around the Tipi today. Boys and girls age 6-13 are welcome and should bring a vegetable or root for the stew as well as their own lunch. Children should dress warm with gloves, woolies and hats. Cost is $900 for the entire school year (30 Saturdays), $325 for 10 sessions or $50 per day. 10 am – 4 pm. For more information and to register, call 508-645-2008.
3. Martha's Vineyard Center for Living is pleased to present the first of the 2012 Cultural Luncheon series featuring the today at the in Edgartown. Speaking: Steve Ewuing. Performing on the Bagpipes: Howard Wall. Menu: Cockaleekie Soup, Nips & Tatties, Lamb, Vegetable, Shortbread Cookies & Ice Cream. Seating is limited. Noon – 2 pm. For more information or to make reservations, visit http://www.mvcenter4living.org; call 508-939-9440 or email email@example.com
4. The MV Film Society screens the film: this evening at the in Vineyard Haven. Winner of the Fipresci Prize at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, Le Havre takes place in the the French harbor city that gives the film its name. French with English subtitles. Doors open at 7 pm for tickets at the door. Film begins at 7:30 pm. Cost is $8 and $5 for film society members. For more information, visit mvfilmsociety.com or call 508-696-9369.
5. There will be an at the in Oak Bluffs (Across the street from ) on Saturday. This musical jam will be multi generational and feature all kinds of music. You do not need to be a musician to come! All are welcome to come and just sit and enjoy our incredible Island musicians. The list of players keeps growing and currently includes: Deb, Katie, and Jack Mayhew, Mark Mazer, Peter Huntington, Liz Bradley, Tom Hodgson, Nancy Jephcote, Brian Weiland (and family) Tristan Israel, Michael West, Dan Waters, Willy Mason and Nina Violet and their "band." More surprises await! Doors open at 6:30pm; music begins by 7:00 pm; a $5 donation is requested.