1. Island Alpaca holds a this morning. These informational sessions teach about alpacas, where they are from, their uses, their personalities and how to care for them. If time allows, there will even be an opportunity to take an alpaca for a walk. For adults and children ages 8 and up. $25. 9:30 am. For more information, call 508-693-5554
2. The Labor Day Artisans Festival continues today at the in West Tisbury. 10 am - 5 pm.
3. There is a Homegrown Indigo Dye Workshop at in Chilmark. All materials provided. 1 pm - 5 pm. For more information, call 508-645-3304 or visit nativeearthteachingfarm.org.
4. The 6th annual Tisbury Firefighters Association takes place today at the Tisbury Wharf at the in Vineyard Haven. Hot rods, antiques, custom jobs, and classics, most owned and operated by Islanders. Proceeds go to the Tisbury Firefighters Association, a fund established to help injured firefighters and those in need. Trophies awarded by popular vote. 50/50 Raffle. Bring the kids for dinner. $5 entrance fee for Cars & motorcycles. Free admission. 4 pm - sunset.
5. this evening at in Edgartown. 5 pm – 7 pm. The show will be up until Friday night. For more information, call 508-627-4881