Melrose’s Steven Langton has been selected to compete on the United States two- and four-man bobsled teams at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
In the two-man competition, he’ll be paired with driver Steven Holcomb. The duo won a world title together in 2012.
Holcomb will also steer the United States four-man sled, with Langton, Chris Fogt and Curt Tomasevicz behind him. The United States won gold in the event four years ago at the Vancouver games.
Langton’s brother, Chris Langton, is one of two alternates for the United States, so if anyone gets injured or sick, he could compete as well.
Here’s the men’s bobsled schedule(heat lineups hadn’t been announced as of Monday, Feb. 10; all times ET):
- Sunday, Feb. 16, 11:15 a.m., Two-man Heat 1
- Sunday, Feb. 16, 12:45 p.m., Two-man Heat 2
- Monday, Feb. 17, 9:30 a.m., Two-man Heat 3
- Monday, Feb. 17, 11 a.m., Two-man Heat 4 (Medal event)
- Saturday, Feb. 22, 11:30 a.m., Four-man Heat 1
- Saturday, Feb. 22, 12:50 p.m., Four-man Heat 2
- Sunday, Feb. 23, 4:30 a.m., Four-man Heat 3
- Sunday, Feb. 23, 5:50 a.m., Four-man Heat 4 (Medal event)