Here are five things to know for Friday, Jan. 4:
1. Cold air: Friday is expected to be partly sunny, with daytime highs in the mid-30s before becoming partly cloudy and dipping into the mid-20s at night, according to the National Weather Service forecast for Melrose.
2. Food pantry: The Servant's Heart Food Pantry is expected to be open from 10-11:30 a.m. Friday at the Faith Evangelical Church, 200 Franklin St. The food pantry helps more than 200 families in the Melrose region by providing emergency food to people in need.
4. Top priority: We're looking for feedback as to what you think the city of Melrose's top priority should be in 2013. Please focus your comments on municipal (not school)-related items that involve city government, police, fire and DPW, for example. Post your comments here.
5. Top off the tank: Want traffic updates or gas prices in the Melrose region? Take a gander at our Commute section for information.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog— click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.