1) As I shout it to the blue summer sky: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) And I mean no anchovies. You put anchovies on this thing and you're in big trouble, OK? Sorry Mikey, I actually like anchovies. It's Pizza Party Friday at Starting at noon, the Recreation Department will be serving up dollar slices of pizza and cold drinks (also a buck). There will also be fun free events and activities at the park, along with a supervised bounce house.
3) We can work it out: Bring your kids 5 and up down to Fred Green Field tonight at 7 p.m. for (Fill out the youth waiver form found under the programs tab, print it out and bring it with you and make sure, if you're not a current or past morning MBCer, your own adult waiver/medical history form has been submitted online.)
4) On your search for some common ground: The from 7-10 p.m. at the Melrose YMCA. Kids in grades 6-9 are welcome, no admittance after 9 p.m, $3 fee for entry.
5) What's Happening!! Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Friday on Melrose Patch:
- : Our roundup of open houses for the upcoming weekend runs at 8 a.m. Realtors, you can add a photo or video of an open house you're hosting to the gallery!
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Follow us on
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog— click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.