1) Sunshowers that fall on my troubles: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, partly cloudy, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2) Belay that ... do something else: A reminder that the Mayor's Night Out originally scheduled for tonight has been
3) This one he got a princely racket: "The Prince and the Pauper" is a lively musical adventure and WRYT's production . The musical tells the story of two young lookalikes, Tom Canty, a poor boy from a London slum, and Prince Edward, son of the famous Henry VIII of England, who exchange places for what is meant to be "only an hour or two." If you can't make tonight's performance, there are also shows on Friday and Saturday nights at 7:30 p.m., and an afternoon matinee on $16 for adults and $14 for seniors, children and students.
4) I wish I could write a song just for you: It's . Sign-ups start at 7 p.m., host Mike Walsh plays a set at 7:30 p.m., followed by open mic players until 11 p.m.
5) Thursday afternoon: Here's today's lineup of weekly columns that run each Thursday on Melrose Patch:
- : Find out if you have new neighbors. Our roundup of five home sales in Melrose this past week posts at noon—Realtors, add your own recent sales to our gallery!
- : Each week, we highlight a Melrose kid (or kids) who has been nominated for some recognition.
Use Melrose Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Follow us on
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog— click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.