Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you're like me, you worry about safety at pools when children are around. Blogger Stephanie Ackerman has some great tips for us. She started blogging just like anyone can. Do you want to join our local voices blog section? Go to milford-ma.patch.com/blog/apply.
2. Milford Selectmen have approved a 10-year contract renewal with Comcast for cable services.
3. in Milford is participating in a chain-wide Back to School drive. The “Moxie’s School Supply Drive” will extend through August. Most needed: Donations of notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, backpacks, art supplies, binders,glue and glue sticks, colored pencils, gift cards, markers or crayons, drawing compasses, pencil cases, calculators, sharpeners, rulers and books. Everyone who donates will receive a coupon for a free appetizer to be used in September.
4. Listeria can be especially harmful to pregnant women and those with compromised immune systems. Because of this, Stop & Shop has recalled a bean salad which is thought to have possible listeria contamination.
5. Editor Mary MacDonald covered a candlelight vigil at the Sikh Temple Monday night. She got some touching photos of the community coming together to remember . It's something that should be a must-view when you get the chance.