Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. as well as other local, state and federal offices will remain closed Monday, because the Christmas holiday fell on a Sunday.
2. Monday will be one of the busiest shopping days, as people take advantage of gift cards and sales at retailers.
3. The state's were relaxed this year, to allow local liquor and package stores to open on Monday. Many in Milford have chosen to do so, including , but package sores are not required to open. Call ahead if you are unsure.
4. begins Monday at . Teams will play in round-robin fashion.
5. So, there was no white Christmas for Milford. When will we see some of the white stuff? Not this week. The week's weather is cold, but dry, according to the National Weather Service.