Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook for the upcoming weekend, when there is a "high probability for a strong coastal storm to impact southern New England." The timeframe for the heavy, wet snow is Saturday night into Sunday, far enough out that the Weather Service is not yet projecting specifics. Stay tuned.
2. The deadline for applying for the town engineer position is today. The minimum requirements include a BS in Civil Engineering, 7 to 10 years experience, and licensed status as a Registered Professional Engineer in Massachusetts. See the details online at the town's website.
3. Relay for Life of Greater Milford will hold a team captain's meeting tonight at the First Congregational Church. The effort includes teams and individuals made up of cancer survivors and their freinds and families. "Stop by and learn more about how you can make a difference in the fight against cancer. Register as a survivor, start or join a team… help create a world with more birthdays!"
4. Lowe's in Milford is taking part in a corporate campaign to support the Muscular Dystrophy Association through its Shamrocks program. Lowe’s started selling Shamrocks in February and the campaign will continue through March 31.
5. Did you get engaged on Valentine's Day? Consider attending a bridal expo at the Myriad Ballroom in Mendon March 3. The So Chic Events Bridal Expo is expected to draw vendors including photographers, bakers, DJs and florists.