Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Two of the three legislative interns working this summer with state Rep. Richard T. Moore (D-Uxbridge) are Milford residents. Niels Puetthoff is pursuing a master's degree in public administration at Northeastern University. He is a recent transplant to Milford, where he lives with his wife Monica, and will focus on health care issues. James Malnati is an incoming second-year student at the University of Virginia, where he is studying foreign affairs and history. Malnati graduated from in 2011, serving as class president. He is the son of Paul and LuAnn Malnati, and also works at
2. A reminder that Spruce Street will be repaved Friday, weather permitting. will remain open, but streetside parking will be out for the time being. The lot will remain open, and municpal lots are available too.
3. Patch is looking for Republicans and Democrats to help us by taking a survey. If you're a political activist, an elected official who identifies with either party, or if you hold a position on a Republican or Democratic Town Committee, please email email@example.com.
4. Do you have an important public event coming up, something you want everyone to know about? The fastest way to post your event is to do it directly. You can then send editor Mary MacDonald an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling her about your event so she can tuck it into a Five Things column.
5. The days ahead will be hot and muggy. The National Weather Service is forecasting several days with temperatures in the low 90s, beginning with Friday. This would qualify as a heat wave, if it happens.