Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Christmas wreaths have been put into place in downtown Milford, in time for the . The Fire Department and O'Donnell electric company both volunteered their time to install the wreaths. O'Donnell finished up Monday night.
2. Milford Selectmen on Monday approved a transfer of all licenses associated with to Robert DeDominick, the manager of three years, who has purchased the business.
3. Christopher Morin, manager of accounting and finance at , was appointed to the Milford Finance Committee Monday. Selectmen are still looking for a candidate for another opening. If interested, contact the at Milford Town Hall.
4. The Church Street, Bancroft Avenue and Draper Park street area will be the priority for up to $800,000 in federal grant money, under an application for federal funds authorized by town officials Monday. The improvements, if the money comes through, include repaving, new sidewalks and drainage improvements.
5. presents at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The program includes discussion of issues concerning visually impaired individuals, safety in the home, and multiple alternative reading options.