Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, August 7. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Mostly sunny: According to the National Weather Service, today will be mostly sunny with a high around 84. Tonight is also expected to be clear.
2. YMCA open house: Milton’s community YMCA located at 1137 River Street, Hyde Park will open its facilities to residents each Tuesday in August. Stop by today for free swim, gym and classes.
3. Summer concert: The Milton Parks and Recreation Department’s Summer Concert Series will bring the Black Velvet Band to ’s Baron Hugo Gazebo for the second time this summer. Tonight’s show will begin at 6:30.
4. Get your town book: Participants in , a community-wide reading program, will center on the book To Kill a Mockingbird. Copies of the book are available at the Book Shop for just $5. The shop will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today.
5. Teen Tuesday: This week’s “Own the Night” teen program at the Milton Public Library is a cooking workshop with Chef Brian Sway. The program is reserved for the first 20 registrants. Visit miltonlibrary.org to sign up.