Five Things you Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, May 11. Here are five things you need to know.
1. Mostly sunny: According to the National Weather Service, Milton can expect a mostly sunny day with a high near 66. Clouds will gather tonight and the low will be around 45.
2. Summer hours: will begin summer hours on May 28. Town Hall will be open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Friday. The summer hours end September 7.
3. Trivia Extravaganza: The Bob Barrett Trivia Extravaganza, a team trivia contest that raises funds for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute will be at the tonight at 6 p.m. Tickets are $35 per person. Learn more at www.bobbarrettfoundation.org.
4. Readers’ Choice: This week’s Best of Readers’ Choice poll on staycations closes today at 9 a.m. Check back at noon to find out the winner and next week’s category.
5. Congratulations: In case you missed it, was recognized this week for 65 years of service to Town Meeting. Congratulations to Mr. Manning on a truly impressive body of service.