“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Partly sunny: The day will be partly sunny with a high near 41 degrees and an evening low around 23, according to the National Weather Service. There is a slim chance of snow showers in the evening before 9 p.m.
2. Happy Groundhog Day! It’s been a pretty mild winter so far, especially when you consider last year, but this is New England, so who knows what the next few months will bring? Allegedly, a groundhog named Punxsutawney Phil knows. Check out the official Groundhog Day website for information about the holiday and watch the live Webcast starting around 6 a.m. Going to be there? Share photos and videos below or e-mail to Becca.Manning@Patch.com.
3. At the library: will visit the at 10:00 a.m. Children ages 3 and up must register beforehand to get a turn reading to Lucy. Call the library at 781-455-7559 to see if there are any spots left or to find out when Lucy will be back. Also going on at the library today (no sign-up required): from 11-11:30 a.m. and for ages 2 and up from 4-4:45 p.m.
4. New art exhibit: will host today from 5-8 p.m. for artist Amalia Tagaris, whose solo exhibit “Closer” will be on exhibit from Feb. 2-15. Tagaris works with . Visit www.gorsemillstudios.com for more information.
5. Coming up: is planning a bowling date on Feb. 18. Children ages 6-12 are invited to at from 1-2:15 p.m. followed by snacks and crafts at the church. Parents must cover the cost of shoe rental at the bowling alley, but everything else is free. To register, call 781-400-5867.