1. Funeral for Alderman Merrill. Newton will say goodbye to Alderman Merrill today at a funeral at the Newton Cemetery Chapel in Newton Centre. The service will start at 11 a.m.
2. Just Think: Teens Making Smart Choices Expo. Teens and parents/guardians of teens are welcome to attend the Just Think Expo tonight at 5 p.m. at Newton North. There will be exhibits with information on community resources that promote positive decision making for teens. The free expo will also feature live music.
3. Health Department building public hearing. The Board of Aldermen's Real Property & Reuse Committee will hold a public hearing tonight on the potential reuse options for the former Health Department building in Newton Centre. The hearing will be held at 7:45 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber at Newton City Hall.
4. Indoor farmers' market. The Newton Indoor Farmers' Market will set up today at the Hyde Community Center in Newton Highlands from 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
5. Frederick Law Olmstead's legacy. Alan Banks will give an illustrated lecture on the legacy of Frederick Law Olmstead tonight at the Newton Free Library. Banks is the supervisory park ranger who oversees the historical interpretation of Frederick Law Olmsted National Historic Site in Brookline. Tonight's event starts at 7 p.m. and is free and open to the public.