1. The kids are back! School starts back up again today in Newton, so make sure you're keeping an eye out for all the pedestrians and bus stops around the city.
2. Board meeting canceled. With the holiday, the Board of Aldermen would have typically met this evening. However, the meeting has been canceled and the full board will meet next on Tuesday, Jan. 17. The board's committees will resume their meetings tomorrow at .
3. Parks & Rec offices are moving. That's right, the Parks & Recreation Department is moving from its Crescent Street location to 124 Vernon St. in Newton Corner. The move is taking place today and tomorrow, so if you need someone in the Parks & Rec offices, call 617-212-5190.
4. Go Lions! The girls' varsity basketball team will face Waltham today in a home match at 5:30 p.m.
5. Truth, Lies & Politics with Barney Frank. The will host an event tonight with Newton's U.S. Rep. Barney Frank. The program, titled "Truth, Lies & Politics", will include a panel with Frank as well as journalist Rob Kuttner, a columnist for Business Week for 20 years, and Father J. Bryan Hehir, a religion professor at Harvard University and former president and CEO of Catholic Charities USA. The event starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 and $12 for seniors/students.