With Hanukkah beginning at sundown tomorrow, Newton Patch took a look at some events going on in the Garden City over the next few days.
Do you know of any Hanukkah services or events that we've missed? Let us know in the comments section below!
PUBLIC MENORAH LIGHTING ON NEWTON CENTRE GREEN, corner of Langley Road and Centre Streets
- Sponsored by Chabad of Newton Centre, this event will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 25 at 5:30 p.m. Donuts, dreidels, gelt and gifts are available for the kids.
GRAND MENORAH LIGHTING AT THE MALL AT CHESTNUT HILL, 199 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill
- Sponsored by Chabad at Chestnut Hill, the Grand Menorah Lighting will take place at on Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 5:30 p.m. There will be family entertainment, live music and Hanukkah treats.
, 32 Loring St., Newton Centre
- Chanukah Community Cookie and Donut Making Event on Sunday, Dec. 25 from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.: Families are welcome to join the event and make Chanukah cookies as well as donuts from scratch. All ingredients and tools will be supplied. Cost is $10/person with a $50 max. RSVP by Wednesday, Dec., 21.
- Adult Chanukah Party on Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 8 p.m.: Celebrate the first night of Chanukah with your friends at Chabad. Latkes, lattes and games will be provided. Cost is $10/person. Please RSVP.
, 45 Puddingstone Ln., Newton Centre
- Chanukah Shabbat Service on Friday, Dec. 23 at 6:15 p.m.: Bring your menorah, candles and singing voice to a service in which Rabbi Stern will lead the congregation through the candle lighting prayers. The choir will lead Chanukah singing.
- Chanukah Dinner on Friday, Dec. 23 at 7:30 p.m.: All are invited to a traditional, festive Chanukah meal, with Rabbi Stern presiding, including roast chicken, potato latkes, vegetables, and dessert, plus a Chanukah sing-along. Pasta is also available. Make your reservation online.
, 385 Ward St., Newton
- Hanukkah Happens Concert, Thursday, Dec. 22 at 7:30 p.m.: The Brotherhood and the Music Committee of Temple Emanuel present a concert with The Zamir Chorale of Boston with Artistic Director Joshua Jacobson and Hazzan Elias Rosemberg. Tickets purchased in advance are $25 for Temple Emanuel members; $30 for non-members; $18 for seniors; and $18 for children under 13. Subject to availability, tickets purchased on the night of the concert will be $30. Tickets can be purchased at the synagogue office or online. For more information, contact Alan Nissenbaum at email@example.com.
, 168 Adams St., Newton
- 100th Annual Chanukah Party on Saturday, Dec. 24 from 7 to 9:30 p.m.: Dreidel contests, festive music and dancing, latkes (and sufganiyot), menorah lighting and fun activities for the whole family. Admission is $5 per person with a maximum of $20 per family. For more information, contact office@AdamsStreet.org.