Today is Thursday, Oct. 27. Here are five things you need to know:
- Snow: The region might see its first snowfall today.
- Meeting: The will be at 7:15 a.m. at
- Contest: There's still time to enter your child's costume photo in our for a chance to win a trip to New York.
- Letters: Special Town Meeting is coming up in a couple weeks, and the warrants include school construction spending and a proposed meals tax. Be sure to make your voice heard on Patch. Submit a letter to the editor to Bryan.McGonigle@patch.com.
- This Day in History: In 1787, the first of the Federalist Papers were published in the New York Independent, written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay. In 1927, the first newsreel featuring sound was released in New York. In 1978, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin were won the Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts toward Middle East peace. In 2003, Bank of America announced it was buying FleetBoston.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.