Today is Thursday, Jan. 10. Here are five things you need to know.
- Still Mild: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-40s most of the day, with cloudy skies.
- Meeting: The School Committeewill meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Heroes: The Northeast Massachusetts chapter of the Red Cross is looking for nominations for its annual Community Heroes Awards. The awards are presented in six categories during the annual Community Heroes Breakfast, which will be held March 21 from 7:30-9 a.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Danvers. Nominations will be accepted through Jan. 18. Click here for more information.
- Curbside Trees: You may want to get your Christmas trees outside if you haven't done that already. Curbside Christmas Tree Pick-Up runs though Friday.
- This Day in History: In 1861, Florida seceded from the United States. In 1870, John D. Rockefeller incorporated Standard Oil. In 1920, the League of Nations held its first meeting in Geneva. In 1946, the United Nations General Assembly held its first meeting.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.