1. The New Leaf Salon and Spa is having a Valentine’s Day Pampering Event on Friday, Feb. 10 from 6-9 p.m. The best part of this surprise is that you can relax right along with your Valentine. There is a $20 cover charge which includes $20 in gift cards and door prizes. Choose from facial treatments, chair massages, hair design consultations and more. There are refreshments too. Call 508-351-9009 to register.
2. Make a reservation for a romantic dinner at
Bistro Limoncello. You can even do that online. This ristorante has all of your favorite Italian
dishes, plus some that you can only find here. There's also an extensive
wine list and tempting desserts.
3. Staying in? Stop by Wegmans' and pick up some warm water lobster tails and shallot thyme or truffle finishing butters. Top off your meal with a mini heart-shaped cake or some chocolate-dipped strawberries. Wegmans also has an entire romantic menu guide and a Valentine's Day Shoppe (through Feb. 14) for finishing touches like greeeting cards.
4. Try a new twist on Valentine's Day treats. CocoBeni Confections has a variety of cupcakes made in small batches with all-natural ingredients. There are also chocolate-dipped pretzels and bark for sale along with 12 flavors of Emack and Bolios ice cream. If you're lucky, your Valentine will share with you.
5. At the Paper Store , you can buy your Valentine a Vera Bradley All-in-One Wristlet. A wristlet equals a clutch purse with a strap that goes around the wrist, but this one also turns into a handbag. Right now, you can save $10 and pick one up for $24.95.