The following notification was sent out by the public schools of Northborough and Southborough this week:
A message from Charles Gobron and Christine Johnson ...
We are pleased to announce that we have identified our finalist for the position of Assistant Superintendent for the Public Schools of Northborough and Southborough.
Gregory Martineau, presently the Principal of the Hopkins Elementary School in Hopkinton, will be visiting our District on Wednesday, June 4, 2014. The visitation schedule is found below.
The Screening Committee, a comprehensive group made up of parent, teacher school committee and administrative representatives, was formed to review resumes and conduct interviews. We thank the members for the time, thoroughness and thoughtful manner in conducting this search process.
Members of the Screening Committee were impressed with Mr. Martineau’s knowledge of 21stcentury teaching and learning, his experiences integrating technology into curriculum and instruction, and his deep understanding of current initiatives underway across the State and within our District.
Members spoke highly of Mr. Martineau’s commitment to his belief that students are at the center of all our efforts. As a teacher, technology director, and elementary principal, he has been committed to systems thinking, a quality that will help us as we implement our strategic plan. Mr. Martineau has proven himself to be a strong leader whose strengths are evident in building relationships through collaboration and through his calm approach to problem solving.
We invite you to join as we extend a warm welcome to Gregory Martineau.
Wednesday, June 4
- 10:30a.m. – 12:30p.m.: School Tours
- 12:30p.m. – 1:30p.m.: Lunch with Northborough and Southborough Administrators
- 1:30p.m. – 2:15p.m.: Meeting with Central Office Administrators
- 2:15p.m. – 3:00p.m.: Meeting with Central Office Support Staff
- 3:00p.m. – 4:00p.m.: Meeting PTOs, SOS, APTO, NSPAC and Parents (Central Office)
- 4:00p.m. – 5:00p.m.: Meeting with Superintendent
- 5:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.: Meeting with School Committee Members (Melican Middle School)