The Norwood Fire Department would like to announce that the 2013 burning season has begun. The fee is $10. Issuance of permits allow outside burning of brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris from other than commercial or industrial land clearing operations between Jan. 15 and May 1 under the following conditions:
- Before igniting any fire, you must call the Norwood Fire Department at 781-440-5200 to receive permission to burn. Permission may be denied at the discretion of the Senior Fire Officer on duty due to weather conditions and/or any other reason that would adversely affect public safety. You will be asked for your permit number and then be granted permission for that day only.
- Burning must take place at least 75 feet from any building.
- Burning may not be started prior to 10 a.m.
- In all cases, the fire must be extinguished by 4 p.m.
- While burning, someone must attend the fire at all times.
- While burning, a water supply (such as a pressurized water pump or garden hose) and shovels or rakes must be readily available for controlling the fire.