Here are some local places to buy a tree this year, be it a live one or artificial.
- Brooksby Farm, 54 Felton St. In addition to the farm store, where you can also pick up a decorated basket and other holiday gifts and goodies, the tree yard is open daily from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Live pre-cut trees are offered in a range of prices and sizes, and there are also wreaths for sale.
- Northeast Nursery, 234 Newbury St. The nursery is open daily, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and offers both live pre-cut and artificial Christmas trees. And for those looking to buy a live a tree, the experts over there have put together some helpful hints.
- Christmas Eve, 150 Newbury St. Ten months out of the year, it's just Budget Pools, but for November and December, the Route 1 store transforms for the holidays into Christmas Eve. The store offers articial trees and just about any other Christmas decoration you could think of.
- Tillies Flower Shop, 189 Lynn St. Tillies sells live pre-cut trees at its South Peabody garden center. Call the shop at 978 531-7178 for more information.
- OK, this one isn't actually in Peabody, but it's close enough: Gibney Gardens just over the line in Danvers. Gibney's usually has a plethora of live pre-cut trees to choose from, along with kissing balls and wreaths.
- There are pre-cut trees for sale at Bishop Fenwick High School as well. The boys' soccer team is selling fraser firs and balsams, kissing balls and wreaths. All proceeds benefit athletic programs at Fenwick.
- And there's also a stand with trees out in the parking lot at 167 Washington St. (corner of Washington and Foster streets).
Do you know of any other places in Peabody that are selling trees this year? Let us know in the comments section below.