Today is Friday, April 20. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Last chance to vote for your this morning. Voting in our "Best of Patch Readers' Choice" poll ends at 9 a.m. The winner will be announced at noon.
- Gallery Talk: about their work and the recent resurgence of handmade art and craft at the ArcWorks Community Art Center on Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- Battle of the Bands: The deadline for submissions to our is today at noon. The contest is the chance of a lifetime for local musicians -- you and your bandmates can show off your abilities as musicians and earn some terrific prizes. The grand prize winner will get to headline a gig at The Harp in Boston in June.
- 'Swieconka' at St. Michael's: The United Polish Organizations of Peabody will host their , “Swieconka,” this Sunday at . Tickets are $20.
- The will hold its annual Yom HaShoa service, an interfaith community commemoration of the Holocaust, Monday at . The keynote speaker will be Margot Stern Strom, the president and executive director of Facing History and Ourselves. The service includes the presentation of the Sonia Schreiber Weitz Upstander Award to two Peabody students and the Holocaust Center Service Award, candlelighting ceremony for Holocaust survivors, performance by the Gordon College Women’s Choir and an interfaith memorial service with Cantor Emil Berkovits, Rev. Joel Anderle and Brother Thomas Puccio. The service is at 7 p.m. in the school auditorium.