- It's Thanksgiving and also the first day of Chanukah.
- Thanksgiving Day football: The Peabody Tanners travel down to Saugus this morning for the next chapter in the long-running rivalry, but the Bishop Fenwick Crusaders get the home field advantage as they host the Pingree Highlanders. Fenwick is unbeaten this year at 11-0 and is headed to the Division 5 Super Bowl next weekend. Game time Thursday is 10 a.m. at Donaldson Field.
- Don't forget trash and recycling pickup will be delayed by one day with Thursday's collection on Friday and Friday's regular collection on Saturday.
- Chanukah on Main Street: The Peabody Downtown Association and Chabad of Peabody are co-sponsoring a Chanukah on Main Street party Friday morning at the Knights of Columbus. There will be food, crafts, music, a magic show and an interactive downtown treasure hunt with participating local businesses. It's free.
- If you have leftover cooking oil today from your turkey feast, hang on to it and bring it over to the Department of Public Services on Saturday to be properly recycled. US Foods will be gathering the oil to convert to BioDiesel and will make a donation to Haven from Hunger based on how much oil is donated.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.